2012-12-14 00:00:00 / World Award
Submissions are closed: 120 participating countries
like to thank all our participants, ambassadors and supporters for their outstanding work, their support and their commitment
to ENERGY GLOBE!
The year 2012 has been again successfull and we would like to summarize our major activities here for your information:
- A record number of 120 countries joined our call for participation for the international ENERGY GLOBE Awards 2013. Again hundreds of wonderful sustainable projects were submitted.
- ENERGY GLOBE Ambassadors and Special Representatives support our work now in 59 countries. We very much hope to increase this number over the next months.
- Between April and June 2012 many of our national ENERGY GLOBE winners were honored and presented awards in their countries. Ceremonies were held in cooperation with Austria's foreign trade centres in the respective countries. We hope to find more partners for 2013 helping us to honor our national winners in many more countries.
- In addition, our national winners from 151 countries were presented this year on 5 June on a global online platform. Each project was highlighted with pictures, films and enriched with personal statements and histories of the project initiators. This resulted in touching stories, a very active networking process across the world and a record number of clicks on our website. This global online initiative was done in cooperation with UN under patronage of UNESCO.
- In September 2012 we presented the international ENERGY GLOBE Awards in Vienna. Excited nominees and winners were honored in the festival hall of the ancient Vienna City Hall and introduced to the public and media.
- Between April and June 2013 we again plan to award our national winners in their respective countries and present online their projects - with 5 June 2013, World Environment Day, as focus date.
- A second major project of ENERGY GLOBE - the Energy Efficiency Portal - with new online tools for everybody to find out the personal energy situation and taylored solutions for optimizing the individual energy consumption including a special package for communities, is a big success. An increasing number of communities in Austria and other countries has been integrating these free of cost tools into their energy strategies, as basis for further action.
With many more ideas and projects in mind, we are looking forward to the New ENERGY GLOBE Year 2013.With a big thank you for your support and help we convey our cordial seasons greetings and best wishes for the New Year 2013!