- Austria - Ja! Natürlich Green Packaging
- Carbonbeton - sparsam, schonend, schön.
- Restorative Agriculture with the Seawater Greenhouse
- Beyond Energy Neutrality – Ejby Molle Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Portable Solar Powered Cold Storage for Smallholder Farmers in Kenya for Postharvest Handling.
- Solar for Productive Use for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Africa.
- Rainwater Harvesting through Borewell Recharge
- Rain City
- Safe Water for Every Child, Philippines
- C-ION micropollutants removal from treated sewage
- Central Highland Program: Energy Saving Solutions in Rural Afghanistan
- Village Base Customer Acquisition Program
- Reducing Methane Emissions from Rice Farming
Energy Globe World Awards 2018
Finalist in the category Air
Since April 2017 Rahimafrooz Renewable Energy (RRE) has been implementing the Village Base Customer Acquisition (VBCA) project to solarize Bangladesh. The project includes a new business model for encouraging and training young people to become entrepreneurs, connecting them to financing through an online mobile apps base 3E SMART platform and potential unbanked customers who can and want to purchase company’s product innovations, such as solar TV & solar fan.
The access to energy is a huge problem for the people in Bangladesh. To solve this problem in a sustainable way, Rahimafrooz Renewable Energy (RRE) tries to solarize Bangladesh. However, the company and its partner Rural Services Foundation (RSF) has struggled to manage employees and customers in remote areas, while growing their business. The major challenges were to collect monthly fees from the customers, sell solar products and retain field employees.
RRE decided to transform employees to green entrepreneurs through an innovative entrepreneurship program. The aim of the Village Base Customer Acquisition program was to boost the growth of the solar market of Bangladesh. This was done by training young female and male entrepeneurs and connecting them to working capital financial services on an online platform. This helped them to deliver the best solar products and solutions for rural homes. Furthermore, agent banking allowed to check the creditworthiness of over 6,000 unbanked people and create bank accounts for them. This, in turn allowed them to purchase the innovative solar products like solar home systems, solar TV, solar fan, LED lights and many others.
In this project, RRE has been applying innovative business model and technologies. The innovation aspect of the project includes the Uddakta (young entrepreneurship) business model, mobile apps base 3E SMART Platform, digital working capital financing instrument, agent banking service for assessing potential clients without credit history, and company’s product innovations, such as, solar TV & solar man and many others.
Project: Central Highland Program: Energy Saving Solutions in Rural Afghanistan
Applicant: GERES (Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity )
Project: Village Base Customer Acquisition Program
Applicant: Rahimafrooz Renewable Energy Limited
Project: Reducing Methane Emissions from Rice Farming
Applicant: ClimateRe GmbH